Thursday 2 September 2010

FantasyCon 2010

Below is a direct link to the dedicated FantasyCon 2010 website:



It's only another 15 days before FantasyCon starts in Nottingham. It's shaping up to look like a really great convention, especially with the lineup of guests and the number of important book launches that are going to tbe held there, including the reissue of the First Pan Book of Horror by Pan Macmillan, which for me is a really important event. The Pan series was a vital part of my early involvement with the genre, along with all the brilliant Four Square (later NEL) anthologies edited by people like August Derleth and Peter Haining. The Pan series, though, was everywhere and I remember that at school battered old copies used to circulate quite frequently. They were cheap and cheerful and sometimes ridiculously outrageous.

This is the last FantasyCon to be held in Nottingham, at least in the foreseeable future. Next year's is to be held in Brighton at the same venue as this year's World Horror Convention. Just how well that will do I don't know. It's quite a distance for anyone further north than Birmingham and I know that when Lin and I went to Brighton this year it took us quite some time to drive there. Not that that bothers me a lot. I'm used to long journeys, and this is nothing compared to when we motor to our house in Bulgaria, two and a half thousand miles away! Even so, I can see numbers being badly affected by this, though I hope not. We shall see.

Anyway, FantasyCon 2010 comes first, and I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment