Thursday 2 December 2010

Prism - December 2010

Was emailed a pdf of the new BFS Journal, which is now a hardbound book incorporating Dark Horizons, New Horizons and Prism.

This is a copy of the outside covers:


It will be interesting to see how this goes down with members, though I expect most will be happy enough with the changes. Having got used to doing the layout myself for Prism for the past three issues I do miss not having that kind of control anymore. There are numerous things I would have done differently, from the size and positioning of various photos, to the use of single and double columns and the choice of font for the headings. Personally, I would prefer it if the three periodicals included in the journal were layed out by their own editors, as in the past, which would give each section its own distinctive identity.


5 comments:

  1. The BFS Journal is 233 pages according to the pdf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - very substantial. Look forward to reading it over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope my real-time review of 'Tenebrous Tales, was typeset appropriately. Not an easy document to typeset, I guess, straight off the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you send me your email address, Des, I'll send you a copy of the pdf for the Journal. Unfortunately I had nothing to do with the layout this time.

    ReplyDelete