Wednesday 24 November 2010

Chris Barker

Word from Des Lewis is that Chris Barker is seriously ill. I hope that he isn't but, if he is, I also hope he recovers quickly. I have only ever met him face to face once, which was at Fantasycon earlier this year; we ended up shaking hands. He is a well read, intelligent and oftentimes amusing literary critic. His story, The Melancholy Haunting of Nicholas Parkes, is also one of the best ghost stories I've read in years, and I look forward one day to having the opportunity to read the rest of his collection, Tenebrous Tales. A very favourable review of this collection by Des Lewis is included in the forthcoming December issue of Prism.

1 comment:

  1. Encouraging news from Johnny Mains:
    http://www.knibbworld.com/campbell-cgi/discus/show.cgi?tpc=1&post=67027#POST67027

    ReplyDelete