Friday 9 April 2010

Clash of the Titans

I'm supposed to be going to the cinema tonight with Dharamn to watch Clash of the Titans. Unfortunately, I've been told it's not very good. Checked a couple of online reviews which seem to back this up. Supposedly the trailer contains all the good bits in the movie. Now I don't know whether to go or not. The trouble is, I have seen films that were panned like this before and found them very, very good. On the other hand, I already had a few doubts about this film...

Went.

And I'm glad that I did. Maybe not the best film ever - there aren't many of them! - but it was a good enjoyable romp with some stunning effects and plenty of action. This is the first 3D movie (of the recent ones) I've seen, as I missed Avatar. Well impressed with it. Not as good as last week's Kick Ass, but certainly better than the reviews I read led me to expect.

It was also good to see so many people at the cinema. The place was packed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dad,
    Glad you enjoyed the film - we are hoping to go and see it this week. We may have to see How To Train Your Dragon, (I think that is what it's called) with the kids. Quite different, but also 3D - Loving the 3D!!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been told by a reliable source (Ben) that How To Train Your Dragon is brilliant. Saw a trailer for it when we watched Clash and it looks good. So, too, do the new Shrek and Toy Story films. The 3D looks amazing in them - much better than in Clash, which really didn't benefit that much from it IMHO.

    ReplyDelete