- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications - direct orders
Tuesday, 13 December 2016
Into the Dark available for only £1.99/$2.99 on kindle for limited period
A serial killer
A secret cult of sadists
An East European strain of demonic evil
A young girl with a morbid fear of the dark
And the dark itself
"The extreme damage that the bullet had inflicted on the rest of the brain had accelerated some changes. As had the need to repair some of its primary sensors. Sight had been destroyed. But the surviving brain instinctively knew that sight was essential for its survival. Basic, at first, a form of sight was retrieved through the existence of several damaged nerve endings, blood vessels and other fleshy sensory matter.
During the long, dark hours towards the end of the night tendrils of fibrous tissue grew, melded and continued to work, rebuilding a crude approximation of what had been damaged – crude but workable.
Which was all that it needed."
It is still, of course, still available as a trade paperback: