My mate Johnny Mains has asked me on several occasions if I would do a sequel to The Lurkers in the Abyss for him. I've always laughed a bit at the idea, and said I'd think about it, though I didn't really see how I could adequately do one. The original, written sometime around 1968, was always intended to be a one off. In all the years inbetween, until Johnny came up with the notion, I had never contemplated going back to it.
Suddenly, though, an idea how I could do one, set today, came to me. Whether it will work or not is something else altogether, though I'm going to give it a try. I've already done about 1,900 words. It's probably going to be longer than the original, and come from an altogether different angle, and with the kind of central character I have never attempted before. He's black, from Haitian ancestry, and an undercover cop, whose despised father was a member of the Tonton Macoute.
- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications