I've now made the first 27 chapters of the latest rewrite of this novel available online (see above). If anyone would like to read the rest, I'll send these out as an email attachment.
My intention with this is to write a dark, gritty horror story set in the North West (Lancashire), with Lovecraftian undertones. I would be interested to hear from anyone who reads it just how far they think I have succeeded.
I'll be doing what I hope to be the final rewrite soon. My wife, Linden, is currently working her way through a print out of the novel - and her pen is being very active! She is rutheless and perceptive, and has already spotted a few mistakes/inconsistencies... and some badly mangled sentences.
- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications - direct orders