Thursday 4 March 2021

Stargirl

These days I don't usually have much time for superhero series, with the exception of The Boys, of course, and Gotham, but I must admit I really enjoyed watching Stargirl, even though I thought initially I would hate it. Why did I like it? The acting was great, the storylines were intererestingly original, and the villains were realistically evil to the nth degree. I must admit it isn't a series I would have expected to like, especially given that some of the central characters were teenage girls (!) Maybe it was helped along a lot by actors like Trae Romano who played Stargirl's stepfather and sounded a hell of a lot like Nicolas Cage. The humour in it was helpful too, contrasting with the violence and deaths that littered the stories. And there were some excellent special effects and a great giant robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment