Tuesday 8 September 2015

The Unbroken Chain by Irvin S. Cobb

Very pleased today to get a book I ordered through the post from a bookseller in the States. On an Island That Cost $24.00 by Irvin S. Cobb, is a collection of short stories, only one of which I really need to get: The Unbroken Chain, reputedly a model for H. P. Lovecraft's The Rats in the Walls. I have been trying to get hold of a copy of this story for a while without success.

In Things That Go Bump in the Night, which I co-edited with Douglas Draa earlier this year, we published another of Cobb's stories, Fishhead, which it is claimed inspired yet another of Lovecraft's stories, The Shadow Over Innsmouth.

I haven't read The Unbroken Chain yet, but I had in in mind when I ordered this book to include it in the next collection of old classic stories to be published by Parallel Universe later this year or early next, Classic Weird 2.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment