Very pleased today to get a book I ordered through the post from a bookseller in the States. On an Island That Cost $24.00 by Irvin S. Cobb, is a collection of short stories, only one of which I really need to get: The Unbroken Chain, reputedly a model for H. P. Lovecraft's The Rats in the Walls. I have been trying to get hold of a copy of this story for a while without success.
In Things That Go Bump in the Night, which I co-edited with Douglas Draa earlier this year, we published another of Cobb's stories, Fishhead, which it is claimed inspired yet another of Lovecraft's stories, The Shadow Over Innsmouth.
I haven't read The Unbroken Chain yet, but I had in in mind when I ordered this book to include it in the next collection of old classic stories to be published by Parallel Universe later this year or early next, Classic Weird 2.
- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications