I don't take much notice of awards these days. Although I'm a member of the HWA I don't even bother to list any of my stories, etc on the dedicated area of the HWA's members' forum where members can make available pdfs etc and where they're literally asking for people to take a look at and maybe recommend their stuff for a Stoker.
So it irks me when someone who has already won an award elsewhere should
ask me to recommend their stuff for a Stoker because they feel they
"need to raise" their profile, at the same time letting slip they have
already asked someone else to do likewise for them.
I rarely say anything about awards or make a big fuss about them I have
rarely been approached by people like this, though I have heard that
others have been pestered quite a bit. All it results in, to be honest,
is to make me feel even more cynical about them. It certainly doesn't
make me feel more inclined to recommend a certain person's books.
- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications - direct orders