- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications
Saturday, 12 January 2013
We went to watch The Hobbit this week. Having read that some people found it overlong I was surprised to find that I enjoyed every minute of it - and could have watched more. The acting, scenery, photography, special effects and music were wonderful, more than living up to what I was left to hope for after having watched the Lord of the Ring movies. There was some surprisingly humorous sections too, especially involving the three trolls, who were fantastically gross creations, every bit as homely, rude and downright bad as in the book. At one point I even guffawed out loud, which is not something I've often involuntarily done in a cinema before!
I look forward to getting the DVD when it comes available, especially if there is an extended version - and to the next instalment in this trilogy.