Used Ralan.com last night to look up some markets for stories. As a result I sent two off online, one a brand new unpublished story, the other one that was previously published. What struck me was how difficult some of these markets are to submit stories to, mainly as a result of cumbersome online forms and others, usually the lowest paying, for their pernickety formatting guidelines. Why do some have offbeat formatting requirements? Is it essential for their well being or some kind of ego trip? I really do wonder.
Regardless, Ralan.com is a brilliant source for uptodate information on the pro, semi-pro, paying markets.
- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications - direct orders