Wednesday 9 March 2011

The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui

We had a really good rehearsal last night. For the first time one of the blank firing pistols that will be used on stage was brought along. The noise and smell of cordite was impressive. When the guns get fired they'll certainly wake up any dozy members of the audience! For the production, which includes quite a few violent deaths, there'll be pistols and machineguns. I have two rolls in it. In Scene 1b I play a character called Sheet, who owns a shipyard that others want to buy off me for next to nothing. Sheet is murdered off stage by the gangsters. I then play a gangster bodyguard for one of the gang leaders, Ernesto Roma, who is based on Ernst Rohm, the main target for Hitler's Night of the Long Knives. When Roma is murdered, I along with his other bodyguards get gunned down by machinegun fire. All good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. This was a fantastic Play, I went to see it on Friday Very very good. The guy who played arturo ui was marvelous. I came away telling all my friends and family. Thanks for a brilliant Night xx

    ReplyDelete