Johnny has written an interesting piece on his blog about how to react to bad reviews as a result of a couple he has received for his debut short story collection, With Deepest Sympathy.
He makes some sounds comments on the subject, which some other writers could do well with taking in. All of us from time to time are bound to get bad reviews. After all, you can't cater for every taste. Not only reviews, either; sometimes a story will get rejected with some adverse comments. A writer needs to be able to take the bad with the good, and learn from those that are well meant and realistic. That's how we learn to get better.
- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications