This story, in Charle's Seventh Black Book of Horror, has received some nice comments, usually that the reader wished the story had been longer, they were enjoying it so much. Which is nice to hear.
The best comment so far, though, has come from Stephen Bacon on the Ramsey Campbell Message Board, where he said my story was heartbreaking. "I didn't want it to end the way it did."
I can honestly say that no one has ever said that about one of my stories before. Thanks, Steve. That's really appreciated.
- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications