There's been a recent debate on the Horror Writers Association boards about self publishing and POD - something that was anathema there until recently. How times are changing!
Anyway, this was my contribution to the debate:
"I have begun to believe that certainly with collections of short stories POD may be the only answer for most writers, since mainstream publishers have little interest in short story collections for anyone outside a small circle of big name writers. The only alternative till recently has been to go to small presses for these, but with so many unreliable small presses around, I wonder whether most writers would be better off turning to POD instead. At least then they have full control over what their collection looks like - and will certainly collect more royalties from its sale."
- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications