Saturday 26 June 2010

After Nightfall - reprinted in The Zombie Archives

I mentioned earlier that I was contacted by editor, Otto Penzler, who wanted to reprint After Nightfall in The Zombie Archives (Vintage Books/Random House). I was very pleased a couple of weeks ago to receive back, not only a copy of my contract, but payment in full ($250) even though the book isn't out till next year. That's a unique experience for me over the past few years. Too often, even though I have been promised payment, that somehow has never seemed to arrive. I suppose I should get tougher about this. Steve Tem, on the HWA members board, complained openly about one publisher who failed to live up to their obligations. It happens. It shouldn't, but it does. I could understand if a publisher was going under, but when they're not, when they are bringing out further books or further issues of their magazine, there is no excuse for this.
I think from now on I'll just have to have a policy of nil tolerance on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment