- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications - direct orders
Friday, 21 May 2010
The Pan Book of Horror Stories
My friend Johnny Mains has had an incredible amount of success in reviving interest in the old Pan Book of Horror Stories, not only with his own tribute anthology, Back from the Dead, but in persuading Pan to reissue the very first volume this year, just after the 50th anniversary of its first publication.
Not only has he achieved this, though, but Pan have commissioned him to do an introduction to it. An accolade indeed!
If sales of this reissue are good enough, there is the possibility that Pan will restart the series with brand new stories. Which, after the dirth of anthologies from mainstream publishers for the last few years, is about as important a development for the horror genre that there has been for quite some time. Who knows - if sales are really good, we may yet see a revival of the kind of horror anthologies that were once so commonplace. And so much taken for granted by us.
Pan Book of Horror