Got a letter in the post today from the States with an offer to reprint an old story of mine in an anthology from Random House's Vintage Books imprint. The letter came from Otto Penzler, who is editing a companion volume to The Vampire Archives, which came out last year. The new collection is about zombies and will contain some 60 stories and be about 800 pages in a trade paperback edition.
My story, After Nightfall, was originally published in Dave Sutton's fanzine Weird Window , before being selected by Richard Davis for The Year's Best Horror Stories 1, which was brought out by Sphere Books in the UK and DAW Books in the United States in 1971.
The offer includes a cool $250 in payment. The Zombie anthology is due out in 2011.
The frightening thought is that this is forty years on from when it was first professionally published! And forty years before that Lovecraft was still alive.
- News, Views, Reviews and Stuff
- Published Stories
- Novel - The Return
- Novel - Goblin Mire
- Novel - Moloch's Children
- Collection - The Lurkers in the Abyss and Other Tales of Terror
- Collection - Their Cramped Dark World and Other Tales
- Collection - His Own Mad Demons: Dark Tales from David A. Riley
- Kitchen Sink Gothic
- Beyond and Prism
- Audio Stories
- Parallel Universe Publications - direct orders